Week 1: Premise Project Idea and Execution

Generating Ideas for my Final major project I have decided to commit and develop an interview-style documentary which I will use in support of my thesis to track viewer engagement with re-enacted personal experience. For this premise project, I would like to develop my facial/ body performance and lip-sync animation to a higher level and truly begin to understand the building blocks of creating an effective animation. For this week I have taken interviews from a variety of my friends with different lifestyles and asked how they spent their time in lockdown and how this had affected their overall life experiences.

High-Quality camera

In order to aid my thesis survey, I have taken these interviews with varying qualities of camera equipment. Different lighting and times of the day to see which a viewer would engage with more, and compare this to a developed performance I will adapt in differing styles of animation. For the next 10 weeks, I intend to adapt 2-3 different audios of these interviews to explore different stylistic approaches to how I will create my final major project next term.

Tasks for Next week

Expanding on these interviews, I will start to consider how I will adapt these into animation aesthetically and theoretically.

• Research into documentary forms
  • Research into aesthetic Styles
  • Concept works